Welcome to Nursery
Please share this story about Ted with your child ahead of returning to school.
Good morning Nursery! I hope you and your families are well. This week at Nursery we are learning all about some countries from ‘Around the World!’
I would like you to complete the following activities at home:
Monday - Italy
- Start the day by watching the Go-Jetters Italy
- Make a real pizza or a paper plate pizza, using your favourite toppings. Don’t forget to cook it!
- Make the Italian flag using three rectangles.
- Complete the JustDance - Italian dance
Tuesday – Mexico
- Start the day by watching Barnaby Bear Mexico
- Turn an old yoghurt pot or kitchen roll tube into a piñata. Decorate the pot or tube, stick longs strips of coloured tissue paper around the bottom to dangle.
- Complete the Mexican Just dance Mexico
- Make an Egyptian Basbousa cake recipe
- Build a Lego pyramid
- Watch the Go-Jetters at the Sphinx clip
- Complete the Egyptian Just Dance Dance
Thursday – China
- Watch Go-Jetters at the Forbidden City clip
- Try some Chinese noodles.
- Make a paper chain dragon.
- Copy some Chinese writing video
Friday - Australia
- Watch Barnaby Bear in Australia Barnaby Bear
- Create an aboriginal dot painting using cotton buds to make the dots.
Here are some Around the World art and craft ideas.
Please click on the images below to enlarge.
Previous - Weekly Home Schooling Plans
Monday 22nd June 2020
Monday 15th June 2020
Monday 8th June 2020
Monday 1st June 2020
Monday 18th May 2020
Monday 11th May 2020
Monday 4th May 2020
Monday 27th April 2020
Monday 20th April 2020
Monday 30th March 2020
Twinkl is offering access to all Twinkl resources with a One Month Ultimate Membership, totally free of charge, to every parent and carer.
Setting this up is really easy to do - go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Nursery Activities to do at Home
- Put my coat on and do my zip up
- Use the toilet independently
- Put my socks on
- Put my shoes on
- Use scissors to cut lines and shapes
- Write my name
- Get dressed by myself
- Wash my hands
- Butter toast
- Count the stairs
- Find out how many knives, forks, spoons and cups you have
- Find objects with numbers on and name them
- Can you find a triangle in the house?
- Go on a shape hunt
- Who has the longest feet?
- Who has the smallest legs?
- Who is the tallest/shortest?
- Sort your toys into different groups – big/small, heavy/light or by colour
- Baking a cake – weighing ingredients
- Playing in the bath – capacity – using language full and empty
- Write a shopping list
- Read a story
- Write your name
- Sing Nursery Rhymes and clap to the beat
- Find rhyming pairs – bat/cat etc.
- Draw a picture of your family and label it
- Draw some pictures of the things you have done at home and write a label for each one
- Try to match the initial sound in words – Pig, hat and pip
Easter Craft Ideas
If you have any queries related to the any of the work set, or would like to email any work or photos of your work please email the below link and your class teacher will reply to you as soon as possible.