A copy of the national programmes of study for KS1 and KS2 can be found below:
Our New Oscott curriculum map can be found by clicking the link below:
Please click on the E-Safety pencil tab on the left hand side if you would like more information about how we keep ourselves safe online.
‘We have Computing Confidence’
Computing Key Principles
- We provide purposeful and relevant opportunities for the children to learn and consolidate key computing skills.
- Lessons are exciting, stimulating and differentiated where necessary, allowing the children to deepen their understanding and progress as they move through the school.
- We support the children in gaining confidence and determination to problem-solve and become ever-more independent with their use of technology.
- We challenge ourselves and the children to be ambitious and use the correct vocabulary when talking about technology.
- Computing skills are used across the curriculum to support inclusive learning and give the children the opportunity to apply and transfer their understanding within other subjects.
- We provide extra-curricular opportunities for the children to extend their breadth of knowledge and discover new uses of technology.
- We aim for the children to be kind and co-operative with other technology users.
- E-Safety is at the heart of the Computing curriculum and we aim to teach the children to appreciate and respect the uses and dangers of the technology that is around them.
Please click on the links below to see more information about our curriculum:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|E Safety||E Safety||E Safety||E Safety||E Safety||E Safety|
|Programming 1||Programming 1||Programming 1||Programming 1||Programming 1||Programming 1|
|Basic skills||Presentation||Word Processing||Word Processing||Spreadsheets||Communication|
|Spring 2||Programming 2||Programming 2||Programming 2||Programming 2||Programming 2||Programming 2|
|Summer 1||Word Processing||Computer art||Presentation||Desktop publishing||Computer networks||Websites|
|Summer 2||Programming 3||Programming 3||Programming 3||Programming 3||Programming 3||Programming 3|