PE at New Oscott Primary School
We are extremely passionate about physical education, sport and physical activity at New Oscott. We are proud of being awarded the Platinum School Games Award each year since 2016. This award recognises our commitment to providing our children with high quality PE provision and a wealth of varied extra-curricular activities and competitions.
At New Oscott we want every child to have developed physically, socially, emotionally and psychologically. By the time a child leaves Year Six they should:
- enjoy sport and all aspects of the PE curriculum.
- show respect and good sportsmanship.
- have had opportunities to succeed in PE at their level.
- be resilient learners who don’t give up and have a positive attitude to winning and losing.
- work reciprocally, being kind and helping and appreciating each other.
- know the importance of being healthy by exercising and understanding their diet and can transfer these skills into their own lifestyle.
- have learnt a range of sports progressively throughout school allowing them to be ambitious as they grow.
- have spent the majority of their PE lessons doing practical, active learning.
- have accessed purposeful and relevant resources to develop their skills.
- be proud of individual and team achievements.
- be able to swim at least 25m and know how to be safe in and around the water.
- have developed key transferable skills to enable them to be successful in sport and life.
- develop basic leadership skills.
We are Athletes ...
We play sport for fun and enjoy all aspects of the PE curriculum.
We teach inclusive and differentiated PE lessons which allow everyone to be passionate about sport.
We are resilient learners who don’t give up and have a positive attitude to winning and losing.
We are always kind in PE; we work reciprocally and help and appreciate each other.
We know the importance of being healthy by exercising and understanding our diet and can transfer these skills into our own lifestyle.
We learn each sport progressively throughout school allowing us to be more ambitious as we grow.
We spend the majority of our PE lessons doing practical, active learning.
We use purposeful and relevant resources to help improve our skills.
We are proud of our individual and team achievements.
We will enable children to achieve this by:
- ensuring children participate in 2 hours of high-quality PE every week.
- providing children with a range of extra-curricular clubs during lunch times and after-school.
- using The PE Hub to support staff with planning excellent PE lessons which challenge all pupils and allow for progression.
- providing CPD for staff, such as the PECS programme.
- ensuring every child receives swimming lessons, with extra opportunities for non-swimmers.
- regularly assessing their ability against our ‘I can’ statements.
- attending 90-100% of competitions through our partnership with WSAS as well as participating in the SCPSDFA Football League and SCPSNA Netball League.
- completing the Daily Mile in each year group.
We will measure the impact of our curriculum by:
- assessing the children against the ‘I can’ statements for their year group twice a year.
- recording the number of children who attend extra-curricular clubs.
- getting pupil voice about their opinions on the PE curriculum and provision.
- analysing data for all children and key groups to ensure the curriculum is accessible for all.
The school offers a wide range of sports clubs for children. These clubs are changed on a half termly basis to ensure children are given opportunities to participate in appropriate activities for their age group and ability. Please see the below document for a list of all of the clubs we currently offer. If you are interested in signing up to a club, please visit ParentPay or speak to the office.
NOPS Red T-shirt
NOPS Red T-shirt
Please click on the link below:
A copy of the programmes of study for both KS1 and KS2 as well as a link to the EYFS development matters can be found below.
Please click on the below link for our Curriculum Support:
Please click on the below link for our Sports Premium:
Please click on the below link for our Safe Practice in PE: