Welcome to Nursery
For preparation for September, if you have not yet emailed a picture of your child to Mrs Barr, can you please send one to:
Welcome to our classroom
Please click on the images below to enlarge.
Full Time children are Hedgehogs
Part time children are Squirrels
Nursery Activities to do at Home
- Put my coat on and do my zip up
- Use the toilet independently
- Put my socks on
- Put my shoes on
- Use scissors to cut lines and shapes
- Get dressed by myself
- Wash my hands
- Count the stairs
- Find out how many knives, forks, spoons and cups you have
- Find objects with numbers on and name them
- Can you find a triangle in the house?
- Go on a shape hunt
- Who has the longest feet?
- Who has the smallest legs?
- Who is the tallest/shortest?
- Sort your toys into different groups – big/small, heavy/light or by colour
- Baking a cake – weighing ingredients
- Playing in the bath – capacity – using language full and empty
- Read a story
- Sing Nursery Rhymes and clap to the beat
- Find rhyming pairs – bat/cat etc.
- Draw a picture of your family and label it
- Draw some pictures of the things you have done at home and write a label for each one
- Go on a walk sound walk – what can you hear?